As our customer base and boarding occupancy continue to grow it leads to congestion in the daycare program. We are experiencing a full kennel almost on a daily basis and the incidence of denying daycare requests is regrettably increasing.
We plan to operate the daycare program to serve the maximum number of dogs daily. To do this we are adopting a stricter policy on temperament for participation in the daycare program. To participate, dogs need to be socialized and well behaved in group play. Dogs that can not participate in group play or have other behavioral issues like excessive barking or fence fighting are not eligible for daycare.
Following are some reminders and suggestions for our daycare customers;
- Check the daycare availability calendar on our website: www.laureloakfarm.net.
- All daycare visits require a reservation which is confirmed by email.
- If you make an in person or phone reservation be sure to check your email inbox for a confirmation and contact us if you don’t see it.
- Best method to make daycare reservations is by email to email@example.com.
- Make your reservation request as far in advance as you can.
- Set up a recurring daycare schedule if you wish.
- Check My Calendar on your dashboard in the customer portal to see your daycare schedule.
Daycare package holders are reminded that the package is intended to provide convenience and a discount for regular customers. Having a package does not guarantee admission, a reservation is required and requests may be denied when we are full.
Following are the holiday periods for 2019. During holiday periods the boarding rate is increased by $6.00 per day. Also, the daycare program is closed during holiday periods.
- Spring Break: April 12 - 21
- Memorial Day: May 24 - 27
- July 4th: July 3 - 7
- Labor Day: August 30 - September 2
- Thanksgiving: November 27 - December 2
- Winter Holiday: December 20 - January 2, 2020
Effective March 1, 2019 we are implementing a price increase which approximates 4%. The driving force behind this increase is the tightening labor market. The cost to attract and maintain qualified staff has increased. The new price schedule is attached.
Our prices continue to be competitive in the market for comparable care, typically at or more likely below other major providers.
Boarding reservations booked before March 1 will NOT be subject to the price increase and all existing packages will not be affected.
Our boarding fees are calculated on the basis of a 24 hour day. Boarding stays exceeding 24 hours on the final day are charged a Partial Daycare Fee. The calculation is based on day one time of arrival and is determined as follows:
- 0 to 3 hours: $6.00
- 3 to 6 hours: $12.00
- Over 6 hours: $18.00
We believe this pricing method strikes the best balance between giving our customers better control over their costs and providing the kennel a fair return for services. Most of our competitors charge a full day of daycare for dogs that don’t meet the proscribed checkout time.
With a larger population of dogs at the kennel maintaining current vaccinations is critical for the health and safety of our clients. We are required to maintain records that document each dogs vaccination status and we do this on our online system. You can check the status of your dog’s vaccinations on our system at the customer online portal. Required vaccinations are:
- Parvo Virus
Laurel Oak Farm Dog Kennel
Standard Pricing for Services
Effective March 1, 2019
- One Dog: $44.00/night
- Two Dogs, same kennel: $76.00/night
- Three Dogs, same kennel: $103.00/night
- 10 Nights, one dog: $420.00
- 20 Nights, one dog: $800.00
- 10 Nights, 2 dogs, same kennel: $730.00
- 20 Nights, 2 dogs, same kennel: $1,420.00
|One Dog||Two Dogs|
Kennel Wash and Dry
|One Hour Pickup||With Daycare or Boarding|
DIY Wash & Dry
- Small: $18.00
- Medium: $20.00
- Large: $22.00
- Standard: $8.00
- Difficult Dog: $16.00
- Very Difficult Dog
- Dremel Option: Add $6.00
Professional Haircut Grooming Services provided by Charmaine Wilson
Pricing varies by breed, cut and special requests and typically ranges from $50.00 to $100.
Call Charmaine for a consultation, pricing and reservations at 704-569-1134 or book online.
- Boarding stays 8 nights or longer get a 5% discount, no partial daycare fee.
- Boarding stays 15 nights or longer get a 10% discount, no partial daycare fee.
- Partial daycare fee applies for boarding stays exceeding 24 hours.
- $10.00 late pick up fee.
- Dogs with a 5 consecutive night boarding stay receive a free wash and dry.
- Daycare may not be available during peak boarding periods, holidays and weekends.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (980) 859-7935